The TRIBER offers a totally new concept of SUV design – A well-equipped vehicle with impressive space and the flexibility to accommodate the ever-changing needs of South African customers, at an extremely affordable price-point.
The introduction of the AMT variant is set to further increase the appeal of the TRIBER range, with the 5-Speed EASY R-AMT delivering an effortless and comfortable drive.
The unique Renault TRIBER is exceptionally pleasing to the eye, offering a multitude of distinctive features -
- The TRIBER boasts noteworthy SUV design cues attributing to its bold look, with a best-in-class ground clearance of 182mm enhancing its road presence.
- With 100 seating configurations available, the New TRIBER is highly adaptable to meet the dynamic needs of any consumer - With the ultra-flexibility of moving from a 5-seater to a 7-seater configuration with complete ease.
- Aside from the impressive class-leading boot space of 625L (in 5-seater mode), the cabin provides ample room for passengers in all rows for maximum comfort together with multiple storage space for added convenience.
- The modern and well-equipped interior offers equipment akin to upper-segment vehicle standards, with the likes of Reverse Camera*, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto compatibility, and Keyless Entry to name a few. The comfort and convenience of all occupants are ensured with remote central locking and the introduction of separate aircon vent controls within the 2nd and 3rd rows. (*Features are model dependent)The new Renault TRIBER is built on a revolutionary new platform and comes with a lively New Generation petrol engine, and the option of the newly-available 5-Speed EASY R-AMT engine, offering the perfect balance of performance and fuel economy, with frugal fuel consumption from only 5.5L/ 100km.
- Safety is a key selling point for TRIBER. The All-New TRIBER is equipped with ABS and high passive safety level with equipment such as emergency lock retractor, 3-points front & 2nd-row seat belts (side only) with retractors, 3-points 3rd-row seat belts without retractor, Pyrotechnic pre-tensioner driver seat belt, Load limiter driver + passenger seat belts, driver and passenger airbags across the range, front side airbags on Prestige & reinforced body structure.
- The All-New Renault TRIBER Prestige AMT is competitively priced from only R219 900, inclusive of a 2 Year / 30 000km Service Plan and industry-leading 5 Year / 150 000km Warranty.
Launched in February 2020, the TRIBER model has amassed 2,500 sales in COVID times, which speaks volumes about its potential within the market.
The launch of the Renault TRIBER AMT is designed to provide consumers with complete peace of mind with a low cost of maintenance and superior fuel efficiency, and will no doubt elevate sales.
DISTINCTIVE SUV DESIGN CUES
The SUV-inspired Renault TRIBER is sure to attract attention with its striking projector headlights, stylish roof rails (with a load capacity of 50kg), and LED daylight running lights, while the 3-part ultra-modern triple edge chrome front grille and stylish Flex Wheels add to its presence on the road. A ground clearance of 182mm and SUV skid plates lend an impressive stance while offering protection on rough terrain.
The robust front face gives the TRIBER a ‘bold’ SUV-like look, with the prominent crease in the hood, strong shoulder lines, wheel arch flare and cladding certainly enhance its sturdiness. The bumper houses the prominent LED daytime running lights, with the C-shaped lighting signature representing the identity of the brand.
The New TRIBER’s SUV DNA is further accentuated by the widened rear of the vehicle, with the best-in-class Eagle beak tail lamps – i.e. prominent horizontally designed lights that overflow onto the tailgate.
All in all, the TRIBER portrays a unique and aspirational look.
FLEXIBILITY IS THE ORDER OF THE DAY
The generous space of the All-New Renault TRIBER is cleverly designed to offer four exciting seating modes and 100-seating combinations to provide all the S P A C E needed. The ultra-modular seating configurations include CAMP MODE [2-seater]; SURF MODE [4-seater]; LIFE MODE [5-seater] and TRIBE MODE [7-seater] which allude to the adaptability of the TRIBER to meet the ever-changing demands of life. The flexibility of the seating combinations sets the New TRIBER apart within the Market place. A first-in-industry, innovative EasyFix seats allow for the 2 rear seats within the 3rd row to be completely removed with ease to allow for optimized S P A C E.
The All-New Renault TRIBER is synonymous with S P A C E. It has been specifically designed for maximum comfort and convenience. This sub-4m car boasts best-in-class passenger cabin space, with unmatched roominess in all rows with slide and recline 2nd-row seats. With the flexible seating configurations available to the occupants, the New TRIBER also features a best-in-class boot space of 625 liters [in 5-seater mode]. Further to that, the interior of the vehicle is equipped with smart stowage spaces of up to 31 liters, with an innovative cold storage facility within the center console and lower glove box, and a handy drawer under the driver’s seat.
Super-spaciousness like never before.
MODERN AND WELL-EQUIPPED BEYOND EXPECTATIONS
The All-New Renault TRIBER offers an inviting modern interior with dual-tone trim and striking finishes, with the likes of a new center fascia with sleek chrome edges, a stylish dual-tone dashboard with sophisticated silver accents, and a fully digital instrument cluster with LED illumination and sportier graphics. The ergonomically designed power steering wheel with thumb contours further complements the well-considered interior, ensuring less effort to turn the wheel for a sharper turning angle.
Beyond the aesthetics, the New TRIBER has a multitude of innovative features for added driving pleasure. A gear shift indicator on the digital tachometer assists with driving at an optimum speed for better fuel efficiency, while the on-board computer keeps the driver informed about relevant driving-related info, like fuel consumption, average speed, and distance to empty.
Aside from the 4 vents in the front row, an added super-convenient feature are the two independent controls for the aircon with vents on the 2nd and 3rd rows for greater occupant comfort. This innovative air-conditioning system efficiently balances the quantity and quality of airflow and is a unique feature to this segment.
Some of the advanced technology offered by the All-New Renault TRIBER features are generally associated with upper-segment vehicles.
The easy-to-use 8” MediaNav Evolution touchscreen comes integrated with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, Voice Command button, and video playback on the screen, while a Smart Access Card for Keyless Entry and Stop/ Start functionality enables an easier driving experience.
The smart technology doesn’t stop there. A best-in-class Reverse Parking Camera with guidelines helps with parking in tricky situations.
OPTIMISED ENGINE EFFICIENCY
The All-New Renault TRIBER offers the perfect balance of performance and fuel economy. It's New Generation 1.0 liter 3-cylinder petrol Energy Engine generates 52kW with 96Nm torque. Further equipped with modern technology like the dual VVT system delivers maximum response at all revs, it ensures optimum acceleration. This, along with good fuel efficiency from only 5.5L/ 100km and low maintenance cost, makes the engine ideal for South Africa.
The introduction of the 5-Speed EASY-R AMT engine offers more convenient driving pleasure. The AMT variant a comfortable drive, specifically tuned for effortless driving in city traffic conditions. The AMT transmission automatically senses the need for the vehicle and changes the gear accordingly, without any manual intervention. However, the engine offers the flexibility for the driver to change to manual mode should the driving requirements call for this.
The TRIBER’s EASY-R AMT offers multiple benefits: convenience, flexibility, complete peace-of-mind, low cost of maintenance, and superior fuel efficiency.
SAFETY COMES FIRST
Safety is a key selling point for TRIBER. The All-New TRIBER is equipped with ABS and high passive safety level with equipment such as emergency lock retractor, 3-points front & 2nd-row seat belts (side only) with retractors, 3-points 3rd-row seat belts without retractor, Pyrotechnic pre-tensioner driver seat belt, Load limiter driver + passenger seat belts, driver and passenger airbags across the range, front side airbags on Prestige & reinforced body structure.
The TRIBER also features Rear Parking Sensors which alert of any obstacles within 50m, to ensure ease of parking.
PEACE-OF-MIND COMES STANDARD
To facilitate peace-of-mind driving, the All-New Renault TRIBER model range comes standard with a 2-year/ 30 000km Service Plan, plus a 5-year/150 000km mechanical warranty and a 6-year anti-corrosion warranty. Services take place at 15 000km intervals.
RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICING
|All-NEW Renault TRIBER Expression||1.0-litre ENERGY||R 183 900|
|All-NEW Renault TRIBER Dynamique||1.0-litre ENERGY||R 193 900|
|All-NEW Renault TRIBER Prestige||1.0-litre ENERGY||R 209 900|
|All-NEW Renault TRIBER Prestige AMT||1.0-litre ENERGY||R 219 900|